Due to Covid-19, we are currently operating only by appointment. All retail offerings are being made available online through this site and commissions can be coordinated through email. Should you need to come into the shop for any reason, please email us to set up an appointment. Our classes have also been modified and new workshops introduced, in the interest of everyone’s safety. Please see below.
Traditional glassblowing is not something that is done 6-feet apart or with face coverings. However, we at Ghost Pepper Glass have used our downtime to develop tools and routines to create the safest possible glassmaking environment. That said, this environment only remains safe if everyone entering our space works with us to keep it so. We reserve the right to turn away anyone who is unwilling or unable to comply with our safety policies. Those who are turned away for willful, non-compliance will not receive a refund so please do not sign up for a class if you do not intend to follow policy.
What Are we doing to keep the space safe?
New Sand Casting Workshops!!
- Those who have recently experienced symptoms of COVID-19 are asked to reschedule.
- Class is outdoors. Entering our open-air shop to watch casting process is optional.
- Workstations set 10 feet apart and limited to one household.
- No need to come within 6 feet of anyone.
- Masks can be worn the entire time (mandatory if not seated at your work station).
- All tools are sanitized between classes.
- High-touch surfaces sanitized between class sessions.
Modified Glassblowing Classes ***6 feet of distance cannot be maintained at all times***
- Temperatures taken upon arrival (staff included). Those who have recently experienced symptoms of COVID-19 are asked to reschedule.
- New hand-operated tools for inflating glass means no “blowing.”
- Masks and safety glasses are MANDATORY for the entire length of your session unless taking a break outside. (These are provided if you do not have your own.)
- Great ventilation (6000 cfm/15 ACH) in addition to being largely open to the outdoors for more airflow.
- All student tools sanitized between households.
- High-touch surfaces sanitized between groups
- Outdoor check-in/waiting area.
- Limited class sizes to keep households separate.
We believe in science and will continue to monitor the guidelines and suggestions of the scientific community. There is nothing “essential” about a glassblowing class so we will only continue to offer our classes for as long as we believe they can be administered safely. There will be absolutely no tolerance for non-compliance with our expressed policies. Please come willing to respect our boundaries and those of our other students even if you do not agree with them.