While we are not currently looking to hire, we are always growing and open to the right addition to the team/community. If you believe you meet the following requirements, we’d love to hear from you and, at the very least, connect you with some of our regular renters. If you are newer to glass and looking for volunteer or apprenticeship opportunities, unfortunately, we do not offer anything like that at this time.
- Primary Responsibilities: Teaching introductory classes and assisting (eventually gaffing) production work and commissions.
- Hours: 20-30hrs/week during slower periods and 30-50 hrs/week in the Fall and Winter.
- Secondary Responsibilities: Shop maintenance and cleaning, inventory/errands, packing and shipping, and TAing for some sand casting and fusing classes.
- Professional teaching and production glassblowing experience required. (5 years/10,000 hours min.)
- Ability to work 10-12 hr days, if necessary. Morning, afternoon and evening availability.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to tolerate repetitive motion and stand on concrete for 4 hours at a time.
- Must be enthusiastic when engaging the public about glassblowing, retail offerings and other related topics.
- Applicant must be punctual, self-motivated, have attention to detail, be neat/tidy, eager to learn/grow, able to follow directions, have patience, have direct communication skills, be team work/goal oriented and have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to check your ego and drama at the door. Positive vibes, please!
- Teamwork makes the dream work! Must be a team-player.
- You will have at least a 30 minute break every 2-4 hours unless you choose otherwise. So please no cell phones, cigarette breaks or snacking while you’re on the clock.
**Shop Tech skills or coldworking skills are a bonus**
- Pay starts at $25/hr based on experience (plus tips for teaching) and will increase as responsibilities and skills grow.
- Free hot shop, cold shop and general studio access after meeting minimum weekly hours. (20-30 depending on the season).
- Endless learning and collaboration opportunities through teamwork and from peers.
- Exposure to craft show and retail opportunity information in the area.
- Inclusion of any successful products in the Ghost Pepper Glass gallery, pop ups and craft shows in which the studio participates.
- Peer feedback about product development and team collaboration in finding appropriate retail outlets.
- The opportunity to work with glass every day and develop skills!!!
We work hard as a team and have fun where we can. You’ll get whatever you put in and then some with this job. Interested and qualified individuals should send a resume, images of work and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know why you’d like to join our team and what you hope to accomplish for yourself, in this role.