Ghost Pepper Glass is looking for a Self-starter instructor/glassblower to join our team!!!
- Primary Responsibilities: Teaching introductory classes and assisting (eventually gaffing) production work and commissions.
- Hours: 20-30hrs/week during slower periods and 30-50 hrs/week in the Fall and Winter.
- Secondary Responsibilities: Shop maintenance and cleaning, inventory/errands, packing and shipping, and TAing for some sand casting and fusing classes.
- Professional teaching and production glassblowing experience required. (5 years/10,000 hours min.)
- Ability to work 10-12 hr days, if necessary. Morning, afternoon and evening availability.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to tolerate repetitive motion and stand on concrete for 4 hours at a time.
- Must be enthusiastic when engaging the public about glassblowing, retail offerings and other related topics.
- Applicant must be punctual, self-motivated, have attention to detail, be neat/tidy, eager to learn/grow, able to follow directions, have patience, have direct communication skills, be team work/goal oriented and have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to check your ego and drama at the door. Positive vibes, please!
- Teamwork makes the dream work! Must be a team-player.
- You will have at least a 30 minute break every 2-4 hours unless you choose otherwise. So please no cell phones, cigarette breaks or snacking while you’re on the clock.
**Shop Tech skills or coldworking skills are a bonus**
- Pay starts at $25/hr based on experience (plus tips for teaching) and will increase as responsibilities and skills grow.
- Free hot shop, cold shop and general studio access after meeting minimum weekly hours. (20-30 depending on the season).
- Endless learning and collaboration opportunities through teamwork and from peers.
- Exposure to craft show and retail opportunity information in the area.
- Inclusion of any successful products in the Ghost Pepper Glass gallery, pop ups and craft shows in which the studio participates.
- Peer feedback about product development and team collaboration in finding appropriate retail outlets.
- The opportunity to work with glass every day and develop skills!!!
We work hard as a team and have fun where we can. You’ll get whatever you put in and then some with this job. Interested and qualified individuals should send a resume, images of work and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know why you’d like to join our team and what you hope to accomplish for yourself, in this role.